Tuesday 8 May 2012

Tapas & Cervezas

Having a boyfriend with family in Spain has worked somewhat to my advantage; I have explored a majority of southern Spain (including a cheeky trip to Marbs to party with Mark Wright & Arg), achieved a lovely golden tan for a mere £50 flight, but most of all, experienced what I believe to be some of the yummiest tapas Spain has to offer.
Ironically, this post will be about the tapas I devoured during last months trip to Amsterdam, in a little cafe called Tapas Catala.


Dining out with my boyfriend will always mean we over-order and ultimately, sport a 32 week food-baby for the remainder of the day. Pictured above, we ordered some delish warm bread with aioli dip, salted asparagus, anchovies, amazing calamares, chorizo sausage (obviously!), patatas bravas and most importantly, two giant jugs of sangria!
Talking of which, during a trip to Spain last year, in a very rural bar in southern Spain, I attempted to order a glass of sangria, only to be laughed at by the bar tender and told "We don't serve that here, you can have a tinto de verano" which is a red wine topped with lemonade! Showing my tourist like tendencies to the locals, huh?!


My favourite calamares up close, and below, me enjoying a pint of Heineken in the sun, after a trip to The Heineken Experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment