Monday 14 May 2012

Aamsteerdaamee

I saw a tourist on the tube the other day wearing a mask, to which I had a little laugh to myself about. And then, like clockwork, someone next to me sneezes, I inhale, fast-forward 48 hours and I'm wrapped up in a duvet, on the sofa surrounded by tissues, Tiger Balm and Lemsip. I've retired to my boyfriends house in the countryside (I now consider anything outside of London to be countryside), I'm watching double episodes of Grand Design and sneezing as I type... I literally couldn't feel more cliché!


As I mentioned before, I took a 5 day trip to Amsterdam back in March, and today being the rainy, dull Monday that it is, felt perfect to look back and edit a few pictures to post.





We stayed at my boyfriends, auntie & uncles super-cool apartment, which is unbelievably centrally located. On the last night we purposely watched the movie, Taken, as I kept saying how staying here reminded me of the apartment where the two girls were kidnapped; luckily, a couple of glasses of red wine during the film meant I had no problem sleeping!


A pair of flat pumps, comfy jeans, a white tee and a light cardigan was my staple uniform for the entire trip... although I attempted to dress it up with some orange lippy.




My favourite part of the trip was hiring a "water bike" (that's a pedalo to you and I) and sailing (?) up and down the canals for an afternoon. Unfortunately, my boyfriend banned me from the front seat of the pedalo because apparently my steering isn't up to scratch/I nearly crashed us in to a boat house. Anyway, the back seat was the perfect place to snap this picture of a cute dog just chilling on a little boat. Could you imagine putting your dog on a boat like this?

Oh Amsterdam, you strange little place!

No comments:

Post a Comment